Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Once we’ve gotten our assessment done, and we’ve developed our plan of attack, it’s finally time to start extracting! We will bring our specially designed equipment with us, which includes extractors (they’re really cool – we ride on them!). Extractors remove water from floorings such as carpet, tile, hardwood, and even some upholstery. We use both portable or truck mounted extractors, it just depends on the severity of the situation. Our extractors are incredibly powerful, and all have the ability to remove hundreds, if not thousands, of gallons of water quickly. After all, our number one goal is to make it “like it never even happened. ®”
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of West Fort Worth can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.